Zeppelin LZ 4
The Zeppelin LZ 4 was an experimental airship manufactured under the direction of Ferdinand von Zeppelin. After first flight on 20 June 1908 it made many successful flights including a 12-hour flight over Switzerland. During a projected 24-hour endurance trial it caught fire after landing to carry out engine repairs. That was its end, but donations by the German public raised and guaranteed the future of Zeppelin’s development of airships.